IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY: A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE
By Meg Walker
THE FORMATIVE FORMATION
10 FEB 2023
4 MEGNOTES - Personal thoughts that I would like to share with you.
2 CONVERSATIONS - Discussions that have inspired me this week.
3 RESOURCES - 1 quote, 1 resource and 1 idea to help you grow.
1 QUESTION - How would YOU answer it?
1. Having a positive outlook on life, even in the midst of challenges, is a powerful tool that can transform our experiences. By focusing on the things we can control, such as our response to difficult circumstances, we can make the most of what life has to offer. Whether it's making the most of waiting time during transportation delays or finding healthier food options while traveling for work, choosing to make the best of what we have can greatly enhance our life experiences.
2. Just like the sun that shines bright behind the clouds, our happiness and positivity are always present, waiting for their moment to shine. Our moods are constantly changing, giving us the chance to brighten up our day even on the gloomiest of days. We shouldn't let a negative thought or emotion fool us into thinking our happiness is gone. It's always there, ready to make an appearance.
3.Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and wellness routine can be challenging, especially on days when motivation is low. It's important to make fitness and wellness a priority even on the cloudy days, as this helps build a foundation of healthy habits and resilience. By consistently prioritising our health, even on challenging days, we can ensure we are better prepared to handle obstacles and carry that strength and determination with us, no matter the weather.
4. Making the most of sunny days, both metaphorically and physically, is essential in building resilience and determination. By consistently prioritising our fitness and wellness, even on the most difficult of days, we can create a solid foundation that can sustain us through any obstacle that comes our way. So let's make the most of those sunny days, build up our resilience, and carry that strength with us, even on the cloudiest of days.
THE MEG METHOD: It's Always Sunny
In this episode of THE MEG METHOD, I make a big claim… it is ALWAYS sunny, no matter the weather. No matter your mood. Have you ever thought about where the sun goes on cloudy days? This podcast episode is a must-listen for anyone who needs some reassurance that the possibility of feeling good is never too far away.
MY KIND OF PEOPLE: Cissy Radford
In this podcast episode, I am joined by the incredible, Cissy Radford. Cissy is a committee member of WISE HK which stands for Women in Sport Empowered Hong Kong and is also the podcast host of 'In The Changing Room', a podcast all about women in sport. In this episode, we will get to know more about Cissy and her incredible work to continue empowering women in the sporting world. We also discuss the power of community and the opportunities that sports can bring to our lives.
The feedback from this episode has been incredible but one section in particular really seemed to move listeners and that was the discussion on self talk.
(P.s. if you are short on time, the section on self talk is from 51 minutes onwards).
"A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition." - William Arthur Ward
This quote is a testament to the transformative power of a positive mindset. Our thoughts and beliefs have the ability to shape our reality, and this quote highlights the importance of maintaining a sunny disposition, even on the gloomiest of days. This means embracing the challenges and obstacles that come with our health and fitness journey, and using them as opportunities to grow and expand. By cultivating a positive outlook and embracing our inner sunshine, we can find joy in our fitness routine, make healthier choices, and ultimately guide ourselves towards a happier, healthier life.
Irish Flight Delayed by Daoiri Farrell
Try and watch this video without smiling.
We might not be able to choose our circumstances but we can choose how we react to them. Do you want to be the person who stands and complains or do you want to be the person who turns any opportunity into an excuse to connect?
The sun never disappears from the sky. It’s always sunny, it just depends on your perspective. Every thought you have will effect your mood. You get to choose whether it’s a positive or a negative one.
"Have you ever regretted smiling at someone?"
(Why not use this week's big question as a journal prompt to reflect on ways you can make yourself and others feel warm?)
Want to share your discoveries? Send me a DM on Instagram @themegmethod or email me.
You might not be able to see the sun right now but to know its never too far away, is a very powerful thought.
Just like the sun, knowing your coach or community support is never too far away, can be a huge comfort on those cloudier days. We’ll have your back on the days when wellness feels harder and we’ll be there to celebrate you on the days it feels great.
Book a free coaching call with me by pushing the blue button below and see for yourself how much more progress you can make with just a little bit of extra support.
WHEN YOU'RE READY, THERE ARE TWO WAYS THAT I CAN HELP YOU:
1. If you're wanting to improve your health this year, I have coached thousand’s of people to improve their fitness, breathwork and mindset through both 1-1 or group coaching:
1-1 Coaching: An opportunity to work closely with me through live Masterclass sessions or bespoke monthly training plans. Whether your goal is around fitness, nutrition, mindset and/or breathwork, I can help you create lasting change (and I’ll prove to you that you can still enjoy life while doing so).
Connective Collective: This is an incredible community space where you can share your wins and struggles with people on a similar journey to you. You also have direct access to me, incredible resources and my exclusive live Breathwork and Meditation sessions.
2. Fitness, health and mindset coaching advice via my two podcasts:
THE MEG METHOD Podcast: A podcast that provides you with actionable advice and tools on how to create a foundation for better health. Available to watch on Youtube or listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or via your favourite podcast platform.
My Kind of People Podcast: Learn from some of the most incredible minds on the planet. Each episode, I speak with leaders and community members from across the world who all share a passion for positive change. Available to watch on Youtube or listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or via your favourite podcast platform.
Be kind. Breathe deep. Speak soon.
Big love, Meg x