ONLINE COACHING: GETTING RESULTS THAT LAST
By Meg Walker
THE FORMATIVE FORMATION
12 MAY 2023
4 MEGNOTES - Personal thoughts that I would like to share with you.
2 CONVERSATIONS - Discussions that have inspired me this week.
3 RESOURCES - 1 quote, 1 resource and 1 idea to help you grow.
1 QUESTION - How would YOU answer it?
1. So, what is online fitness coaching? In short, it's a fitness service providing personalised or group fitness guidance over the internet. The level of service and how it's provided can differ depending on your coach.
I am thankful every day to do what I do. To me, it's the best job in the world. As an online fitness coach, I get to help people perform, think and feel at their best. I help people look at the whole picture of health. I provide them with tools to help improve their physical, mental and emotional health. My areas of expertise cover fitness, nutrition, breathwork, mobility, meditation and biomechanics. I use this to create a personalised workout plan that takes into account your fitness level, lifestyle, and goals. And this is all available in your pocket. You can access my guidance, support, and feedback through an incredible online fitness app and I check in weekly via WhatsApp voice notes.
2. As much as I enjoyed my time as in-person trainer, my move to become an online coach was the right one. One of the main reasons for moving online was so that I could provide more detailed feedback and guidance. As an in person coach, I only had an hour or two with each client per week. I found this really challenging as it didn't allow time to cover all aspects of health and wellness. But I can provide this and more with online coaching. Now I can check in with you throughout the week. I can provide detailed feedback on your form, technique, and progress. I can help you with any questions or challenges that come up throughout the week. Online coaching has allowed me to provide my clients with even more value. They get more of my time and expertise than an hour session could have ever allowed.
3. A huge benefit of online coaching is that is allows you to train whenever and wherever is convenient for you - whether that's at home, in a gym, or outdoors. It allows you to have more control over your schedule. This means you can fit in workouts around your busy lives. You are no longer limited by your coach's availability or the location of the gym. I can also program for you a wider variety of workouts for you to enjoy, whether you have gym equipment or not.
Another great thing about online coaching is the level of personalisation you receive. I take the time to get to know you, your fitness goals, and any limitations or challenges you may face. My online coaching also provides nutritional guidance. Nutrition is a crucial part of achieving fitness goals. I provide resources to help you with meal planning, portion control, and healthy eating habits. We'll also cover important topics like stress management, motivation, and mindset. These are often overlooked in traditional in-person coaching.
4. I understand that cost also matters and can be a deal breaker for many. Online coaching has allowed me to provide more cost-effective options than in-person coaching. I can now provide countless tools for a fraction of what it would cost you to pay for multiple in-person sessions a week. And you can choose when and where you access them.
I also give you a free coaching call so you can try before you buy. These are available to book through my website (with no strings or expectations attached!). This allows you to meet me virtually, tell me about your goals, and see if we're the right fit. Whether you're looking to improve your fitness, endurance performance, lose weight, gain strength, or simply feel better in your body, I'm here to help.
The Formative Formation newsletter will help you level up your health and fitness one email at a time. Every Friday, I will share my 4-2-3-1 line up of thoughts, quotes, conversations and resources on all things fitness and mindset.
THE MEG METHOD: What is Online Fitness Coaching?
In this episode of the Meg Method podcast, I explain what online coaching is, how it compares to in-person coaching, and why it may be the perfect solution for you. With personalised workouts, detailed feedback, nutritional guidance, and a focus on mental and emotional wellness, online coaching offers flexibility, personalisation, and affordability that traditional in-person coaching simply can't match. Join me as I shares my expertise and insights, and learn how online coaching can help you take your fitness journey to the next level.
THE MEG METHOD: Why Do I coach?
This was the first ever episode of the Meg Method podcast. I wanted to start the podcast answering an important question. Why do I coach? To me, online coaching is the best job in the world and I want to share a little backstory on how it all began.
"Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy, and spirit you possess or takes away from it." - Ann Wigmore
I believe that our health is the root of everything! Every little thing you do and think affects how you feel. Have you ever tried to look for a new job whilst feeling completely battered and exhausted by your current one? It can feel impossible.
Taking care of your body and mind is like having a secret superpower. When you eat well, stay active, and find balance, amazing things happen. That sounds simple but I know that's not easy. But it's worth the effort. Good health provides a solid foundation. It gives you stability to start improving other areas of your life. Fitness is not just about looking good; it's about feeling incredible and having the energy to take on anything. And guess what? Your mental well-being matters too. By staying positive, practicing self-care, and managing stress, you can unlock a whole new outlook on life. So, remember, every choice you make counts. Online coaching can help you build that solid foundation. It can give you important tools to help you take care of your health and improve how you perform, think and feel.
FREE COACHING TALKS by THE MEG METHOD
Fitness is for everyone. This is something I strongly believe in. For this to be true, it needs to be accessible. This is why i've made it my mission to provide as many free coaching resources on as many platforms as possible. Not only through my social media but also through my weekly podcast and youtube videos.
I wanted to put my videos on YouTube for many reasons. One being that it allows people who cannot currently afford coaching, to still be able to access valuable information. But it's incredible subtitle feature also makes the videos accessible to the deaf community (and anyone else who struggles with sound only).
I have tried to cover many of the common coaching questions I get asked and more.
If you have not used my YouTube coaching resources yet, I would love for you to access it here.
Don't get blindsided by immediate rewards. Step back and see the bigger picture.
“What is one thing on your fitness journey that you are struggling to achieve on your own?”
(Why not use this week's big question as a journal prompt to discover where you may need to call in a little more help?)
I would LOVE to hear your answers to this questions. Please feel welcome to whatsapp me, DM me on social media @themegmethod or email me. Send me a message with your answer and we create some ideas on how you can make further progress.
Asking for help is not a weakness. It's a strength.
WHEN YOU'RE READY, THERE ARE TWO WAYS THAT I CAN HELP YOU:
1. If you're wanting to improve your health this year, I have coached thousand’s of people to improve their fitness, breathwork and mindset through both 1-1 or group coaching:
1-1 Coaching: An opportunity to work closely with me through live Masterclass sessions or bespoke monthly training plans. Whether your goal is around fitness, nutrition, mindset and/or breathwork, I can help you create lasting change (and I’ll prove to you that you can still enjoy life while doing so).
Connective Collective: This is an incredible community space where you can share your wins and struggles with people on a similar journey to you. You also have direct access to me, incredible resources and my exclusive live Breathwork and Meditation sessions.
2. Fitness, health and mindset coaching advice via my two podcasts:
THE MEG METHOD Podcast: A podcast that provides you with actionable advice and tools on how to create a foundation for better health. Available to watch on Youtube or listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or via your favourite podcast platform.
My Kind of People Podcast: Learn from some of the most incredible minds on the planet. Each episode, I speak with leaders and community members from across the world who all share a passion for positive change. Available to watch on Youtube or listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or via your favourite podcast platform.
Be kind. Breathe deep. Speak soon.
Big love, Meg x